Happy days! My first-ever app—for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch—has just appeared in Apple's iTunes Store. San Francisco Waterfront: Bridge to Ballpark, which I co-authored with Laurie King, is a guide to one of the most captivating city waterfronts on the planet.
With more than 220 entries and 2000+ photographs, the SFW app takes readers from the Golden Gate Bridge to the city's state-of-the-art baseball stadium...and beyond. Along the way are not only top attractions such as Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz Island, historic Fort Point, and Ghirardelli Square, but also dozens of parks and plazas, countless public art installations, restaurants for all tastes and wallets, sophisticated nightlife, a wide variety of museums, historic ships, elegant hotels, sports venues, superb shopping, and so much more:
- Many 'Hidden Gems," the destinations locals love (but travelers don’t know about)
- More than a dozen walking, hiking, and biking trails
- Self-guided walking tours for chocoholics, fans of maritime history, and more (including a thrilling Secret Agent Escapade!)
- Entries are sortable by useful criteria like Guilty Pleasures, Arts & Entertainment, Kid-Friendly, and more
- Fun-to-read original text by two long-time SF residents (who also happen to be travel writers)
- Maps for each destination
- Share your thoughts with interactive comments, and save your favorites
- Share photos and entries via e-mail
- Offline content you can access at any time without an internet connection.
- In-app calling from your iPhone so you can make reservations, book tickets, etc.
- Works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
For more information, check out the SFWaterfront Facebook Page; click the "Like" button to stay updated on periodic news items about the ever-changing San Fran Waterfront. You can also learn more about our app by going directly to the app's description in the iTunes Store. You'll land on the page shown below (be sure to click More under the first heading, Description).